Thursday, November 3, 2011

Olympic Summary

So many things to post about. Let's start since the last post... oh 19 months ago! I always knew deep down that I would somehow forgot to update this, then get so far behind that I just had to give up. Not so. I'm gunna give this a VALIANT effort.

FEBRUARY ->> 2010 VANCOUVER OLYMPICS SUMMARY:
Alex Bilodeau won the very first GOLD MEDAL on Canadian Soil, I went to the Medal Ceremony with Britney Chipiuk. We hung out with Max Marshall, and a guy who Brit was dating that worked for Bell. We went for Chinese food in this sketchy part of Van, and it was raining. LOL... Oh that things that you remember. Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue won the Pairs Figure Skating Gold Medal, Joannie Rochette's mom passed away just days before she was set to perform, and still managed a very courageous Bronze Medal.

Feb 21 --> wait in line 2+ hours to get into LIVECITY - downtown to watch the Canada vs. US men's Ice Hockey game.. sadly, we lost, but I made one of the best friends I have to date there. Justin Mohr and I happened to be standing near each other during the game, and because most Canadians when we lose an international ice-hockey game, don't want to party, the PACKED HOUSE suddenly was pretty empty. Martin Brodeur played lousy for Canada, and after the crowd departed and the wait time for a beer was less than the 1 hour line-ups experienced during the game, Justin and I quickly figured out that we lived quite near to each other in Alberta (he lives 40 min south of Edmonton), despite us both being in Vancouver just for the Games. He had flown down on a whim that wkd just to get a taste of the action. He had his backpack on and was ready to fly out that night. So we went to Starbucks charged our phones (where to this day other than a major sporting event have never seen a place where the girls bathroom had no waiting line, yet the guys had at least 7 in front of me). To be fair it was the Starbucks on Granville and just off Georgia, quite a busy little spot. I will never forget his BBM once he got to the airport telling me that he had screwed up the dates and that his flight wasn't until 3 days from now. He had to overnight Greyhound to Banff, where his parents drove down to pick him up because he had to work on Tuesday. (this was a Sunday). EPIC FAIL. Anyways, we've long since been best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment